As the state begins to reopen, there has been one spot that our whole family has been eyeing: DISNEYLAND.
We love Disney and have been looking forward to being able to take our youngest daughter to Disneyland and California Adventure for the first time.
We decided to take her for her 3rd birthday this past week and while the park isn’t operating the same as it was when we were last there a few years ago, it didn’t stop us from having a great time.
Read on to find out about what’s changed at the park post COVID:
- Make sure you have a Reservation! Disneyland now requires a ticket and a reservation for the day you plan to visit. They just glanced at ours as we walked through the gates but they still checked!
- Be prepared for a long walk. The Disney trams are closed so after your temperature screening & security check you have to walk from the parking structure to the park (following the normal tram path). We put our toddler in the stroller and enjoyed the music that played along the way.
- Download the Disneyland app! Most restaurants are mobile order only so you have to order on the app and select a pickup window. Order in advance if it’s a popular spot! Order windows can fill up fast.
- The characters are still around but photo opps look a little different. The characters stay behind a rope or on a balcony so you have to take photos from afar. Our little one still enjoyed the experience though and she was able to interact with them the same, just no hugs or up close visits.
- Masks & social distancing are enforced. Crew members are enforcing mask wearing at all areas of the park. If you are two years old or older, expect to wear your mask the entire time. You can take it off to eat but you have to be in a designated eating area. No more walking with snacks or walking around while sipping on a drink. So plan to sit down after you grab a bite.
- The park is very clean. There are hand sanitizer stations and mobile hand washing sinks throughout the park which we really appreciated.
All in all we had a great time. Disney is really on top of things and did so in a way that allowed us to feel safe and enjoy ourselves while not feeling super restricted. Are you planning to go back to Disney anytime soon? I hear it’s opening to out of state visitors on June 15!