I am a HUGE buffalo wing fan. There’s just something about that tangy, just spicy enough sauce that is oh so delicious. So when I made the decision to eat healthier, you better believe I found a way to incorporate wings into my diet! So without further ado, here is my guilt free Buffalo Lettuce Wrap Recipe. Thank me later 🙂
Guilt Free Spicy Buffalo Lettuce Wraps
2 Boneless Chicken Breasts
4 Romaine Lettuce Leaves
½ cup chopped Green Onion
½ Lime (optional)
½ cup Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo Sauce
½ tbsp pepper
1 tbsp Ranch (optional)
1 cup Cheddar Cheese
- In a large pot over medium high heat, add the chicken breasts and bring to a boil
- Bring heat to medium, cover the pot and let the chicken simmer for about 10 minutes
- While the chicken is cooking, chop the tomato and avocado into bite size pieces and set aside
- Once the chicken is thoroughly cooked and no longer pink, remove from the pot and on to a cutting board. Allow the chicken to cool for about 5 minutes.
- Shred the cooked chicken and place into a large bowl
- Add the Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo sauce, pepper, green onion and cheese to the bowl with the shredded chicken and mix the ingredients together until the chicken is completely coated with the sauce. You may choose to add more or less buffalo sauce to your taste. I like mine to be very saucy so I add more.
- As an option, add a squeeze of lime to the buffalo chicken mixture. This adds to the tanginess of the sauce.
- Rinse the romaine lettuce leaves with cold water. Shake off the excess water and place on to a plate
- Scoop the buffalo chicken mixture into the romaine lettuce leaves and top with tomato and avocado. Optionally, top with ranch. Enjoy!